Annual Summit Supporting Veteran Entrepreneurs
Bunker Labs Philadelphia, will be hosting The Muster 2017: Innovate & Inspire on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at the state-of-the-art Pennovation Center. Bunker Labs Philadelphia, a local non-profit accelerator program has helped start and grow 20 enterprises owned by veteran and active-duty military entrepreneurs at local co-working space, Benjamin’s Desk.
The Muster, sponsored by JPMorgan Chase, will feature a variety of dignitaries, successful entrepreneurs and authors for a full day of panels and fireside chats showcasing their businesses, and an Idea Lab from leading business and other military leaders.
“The Bunker Labs Philadelphia team is excited to showcase the tremendous veteran innovation happening right here in Philadelphia at our upcoming Muster Event”
-Joe Witte, Program Director for Bunker Labs Philadelphia.
“I didn’t have any expectations when I showed up at last year’s Muster. The speakers were amazing. I walked away with a new level of confidence knowing that other veterans have walked in my shoes and had the ability to achieve business and personal success by leveraging their military experience”
- Sean Gwinner, Army Veteran, Partner of Crownstone Investment Group.
The current featured speakers include:
Veteran Speakers Include:
- Chef Robert Irvine, host of “Restaurant Impossible” will share stories of how he joined the Royal Navy at age 15, launched a career in food service and entertainment and now gives back to service men and women at every chance.
- MG Spider Marks (Ret), General Marks wrapped up an impressive military career as the Commanding General of the US Army Intelligence Center and is currently a military analyst for CNN and provides leadership consulting for the Thayer Leader Development Group.
- Kim Jung, CEO of Rumi Spice, is changing the Afghan economy by importing sustainably farmed saffron to the US. Kimberly is both a Harvard and West Point graduate.
- Guy Filippelli, CEO of Red Owl Analytics, and partner at NextGen Venture Partners. Guy has led Red Owl to more than $17mm in funding, and won “Best in Show” at Philly PACT. He’s a West Point and Oxford graduate.
- James Brobyn, CEO of Cause Engine, was previously the Executive Director at the Travis Manion Foundation, helping them raise more than $10mm, and is now the CEO at CauseEngine, a consulting firm for non-profits. James is a Naval Academy graduate and served two tours in Iraq with the USMC.
- Tony Sanchez, VP of Customer Experience Delivery at Comcast. In this role he acts as a catalyst for culture change. Tony is a 14-year veteran of the US Navy where served as an officer in the Navy SEAL Teams.
- Mike Maher, Co-founder and CEO of Houwzer, a former Naval Officer and co-founder of successful startups including: Houwzer, Benjamin's Desk, Bunker Labs Philadelphia, and Startup Grind
Philadelphia veteran-owned businesses to be featured at the Muster include:
- GEO Graves, LLC CEO, Dan Carlson (US Air Force Veteran)
- NeuroFlow Co-founders, Chris Molaro (US Army) and Adam Pardes
- Barn Owl Co-founders, Josh Phifer (US Air Force) and Vince Kuchar (US Army)
- Gauze Co-fouders, Suzanne Garber and Chris Garber (US Army)
- EGA Associates, LLC CEO, Jeremy Mock
- The Comprehensive Accident Reconstructive Specialists CEO, Preston Forchion, II (US Army)
- SwiKET CEO, Lyle Gal (US Army)
- Hire Served CEO, Jean South (military spouse and former FBI Special Agent)
- CyberSecurity for Hire CEO, Ron Fulton (US Army)
- GROUNDiT CEO, Jacob Murphy (US Army)
- XAppeal CEO, Dan Tobon (US Army)
“Many of our servicemen and women transition from the military with key entrepreneurial skills like leadership, discipline, and resiliency,” said Mark Schrieber, Region Manager of Chase Middle Market Commercial Banking. “Bunker Labs provides the resources and network our local veterans need to start successful and sustainable business, and we are proud to support them.”
Philadelphia area veterans who are considering entrepreneurship can also gain access to potential resources, programs and community that will help transform their military experience into business success.
All veterans, former military, entrepreneurs or business leaders are welcome. While the Muster Philadelphia is open to everyone, all veterans can attend free of charge. More information about tickets, sponsorship and the complete schedule, can be found here.
Idea Lab: Inspiring talks and panel discussions with political, military and entrepreneurial leaders covering topics such as leadership, innovation, investment and veteran social impact.
Innovation Lab: Veteran entrepreneurs and veteran-friendly businesses showcase their products and services- come see what’s new!
Mission BBQ Beef & Beer: For $50 guests will be provided craft beers, specialty cocktails from Tito’s Vodka, and awesome food provided by our friends at Mission BBQ.
12:00 - 1:00: Registration, Innovation Lab Opens!
1:00 – 1:30: Opening Ceremony
1:30 – 6:00: Idea Lab
4:30: Beer Garden Opens
6:00 – 6:30: Closing Ceremony
6:30 – 8:30: Mission BBQ Beef & Beer
Help us continue to forge a path for our transitioning veterans by joining us on this day, helping us fund our programs and events for 2018 and beyond!